RANGER AGAINST WAR: Pale Rider <

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pale Rider

Writing the previous post made me curious to look up the film version of Roy Bean. Some of the script from the movie (The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean [1972]) sounded familiar, so I figured I share them (italics and parenthetical additions, mine). Life mimicking art:

Rev. Mr. LaSalle: What has happened here?

Judge Roy Bean: These men tried to hang me [
My Daddy]. They have been killed for it.
Rev. Mr. LaSalle: How many of 'em are there?

Judge Roy Bean: A lot of 'em.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle: Who did the killing?

Judge Roy Bean: I did.
They were bad men, and the whores weren't ladies.
Rev. Mr. LaSalle:
Vengeance is mine sayeth, the Lord!
Judge Roy Bean:
It was. I'm waiting for the buzzards. They don't deserve burying.

This time, it's not your movie tickets, but your tax dollars at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home