RANGER AGAINST WAR: Unctious Piosity <

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Unctious Piosity

If you are interested in a brief and well-done etiology of the mess that is the current Veterans Administration, please see this must-read by Aaron Glantz (frequent reporter from the Iraq war), "Letting Our Veteran's Down." [This piece ran at Truthdig; Glantz runs the website War Comes Home www.warcomeshome.org]

In it, he discusses the Bush administration's politicization of the VA, and the appointments of such toadies as Undersecretary Daniel Cooper.


"(T)he head of the Veterans Benefits Administration, Undersecretary Daniel Cooper—the main point-person in charge of processing those claims—made his priorities clear in a fund-raising video for the evangelical group Christian Embassy, in which he proclaimed that Bible study was “more important than doing my job."

To the wounded and suffering returning veterans who wait for their claims to be dealt with, Cooper's shamelessly blatant piosity doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted most of these facts a week or so ago on the message forum; will someone please, please enlighten this benighted little liberal(dripping fang variety, thank you) on why the GOP have a 'pro-troops' rep when time after time they do shit like this TO the troops? Cause I am getting more dizzy than normal blondness makes me from shaking my head in confusion...
And the dude with the Bible? He does NOT want to know where I would help him stow that.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 3:21:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

labrys,

We're not always quick on the trigger, labrys; we just try and be another mouthpiece to get the stuff out there. Thank you for mentioning this story, however.

By the nature of this operation's logistics--I don't see Jim on a daily basis--our articles do have a lag time, unless I write something directly.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 5:10:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your story is a more complete version than I had to work with...but I was too outraged when I ran across the partial version...too hot to wait.

Scary vision, tho'...me quick on the trigger while being dizzy and blonde!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 5:25:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

labrys,

You--ditzy and blonde? I don't buy it for a New York minute. (I thought your avatar / gravitar showed a brunette?]

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 10:02:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home