RANGER AGAINST WAR: Keystone Cops <

Monday, October 23, 2006

Keystone Cops

When I was a boy, I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.
--Clarence Darrow

President Bush recently campaigned on behalf of Pennsylvania Rep. Don Sherwood (10/19/06), whose confessed infidelity has put his House seat into jeopardy this upcoming election, according to the New York Times.

Bush and the Sherwoods also stopped at an ice cream shop for a photo op near Keystone College, where Mr. Bush spoke on Sherwood's behalf. I hope the symbolism is not lost: you can lick the cone and share family values, if you're a Republican.

This hypocritical Bush support of an avowed adulterer (though at least Sherwood had the good sense to choose the right sex and age) is doubly damning in light of the allegations of a former faith-based initiative White House staffer. The author, David Kuo, has written in his recent expose Tempting Faith, of the Bush league calling "nuts" and "goofy" the faith-based contingents responsible for his election.

The Ten Commandments that the Bushies want displayed in courthouses and schools does have an injunction against adultery, last I checked. Somehow this entire scenario is just plain strange. Of course, money and influence make for strange bedfellows.

I think I'll have a double scoop of Rocky Road.

1 Comments:

Blogger rangeragainstwar said...

Thanks, Payday.
Just an idea, but you might be able to skip the hoodia pills by closely following the shenanigans of your public officials. I find it helps me lose my appetite. Jim

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 3:22:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home