RANGER AGAINST WAR: The Leaning Tower of Babel <

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Leaning Tower of Babel

If it had been possible to build the Tower of Babel without ascending it, the work would have been permitted.
- The Tower of Babel

Someone must have told on Joseph K., for without having done anything wrong he was arrested one fine morning.
- The Trial

Wakey-wakey, friends. Time to wreak mayhem in the cause of evil.
-Marvin the Martian

Both opening quotes by Franz Kafka fit this piece well. The third is simply thrown in for perspective's sake.

The talking heads, both with and without stars, are talking up the surge of U.S. troops in Baghdad, and the hope that life will become beautiful once they are engaged with the forces of evil.


But there is one element that is seldom discussed. From where will the intelligence needed to tactically employ these forces arise? Let me guess--our loyal Iraqi allies are going to perform this linch pin function for us. The same question applies to the availability of reliable interpreters.


Lacking adequate intelligence and interpreters, these additional assets will be marginally effective, at best.

Department of Defense would be well-advised to focus intelligence efforts on Iraq, rather than targeting U.S. civilians for collection purposes.

I always feel like somebody's watching me
Who's playing tricks on me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
I can't enjoy my tea!
-Somebody's Watching Me lyrics, Rockwell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home