RANGER AGAINST WAR: Generals Gone Wild <

Monday, November 19, 2012

Generals Gone Wild

--A Poem for the Swingers, 
Charles Bukowski
Hey, hey Paula, no one else will ever do
I've waited so long for school to be through
Paula, I can't wait no more for you
My love, my love 
--Hey Paula, Paul and Paula 

I'm looking through you, 
where did you go 
I thought I knew you, 
what did I know 
--I'm Looking Through You, 
The Beatles

Just came across this Charles Bukowski effort and thought to share it.  There will probably be no other good placement on RangerAgainstWar for it, so here it is.


Anonymous deryle said...

"..who haven't been rubbed dry by experience."
Great line, eh?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:11:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

He's got some great ones. I esp. like "Bluebird" -- here's a stanza:

there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:45:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home