RANGER AGAINST WAR: Slow Hand <

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Slow Hand


I want a man with a slow hand
I want a lover with an easy touch

I want somebody who will spend some time

Not come and go in a heated rush

--Slow Hand
, Pointer Sisters


Yeah, the ritual, highway to heaven

From seven to seven he's got me open like Seven Eleven

And yes, it's me that he's always choosin'

With him I'm never losin',

and he knows that my name is not Susan

--Whatta Man
, Salt-N-Pepa

_________________

This sign was recently erected by the city at the end of my driveway. The imperative struck me as funny: Isn't this an example of government being just a wee bit too intrusive in our personal lives?

I mean, I understand productivity is important and all, but some things should be sacrosanct -- shouldn't they?
(Sorry for the shaky photo.)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ghost Dansing said...

willin'....

Saturday, December 5, 2009 at 8:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

G.D.,

"You can't hurry love
No, you just have to wait
You got to trust, give it time
No matter how long it takes"

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:19:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone in the highway department has a salacious sense of humor, or he couldn't spell BUMP

BH187

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

BH,

Yes, I don't feel particularly persecuted. With the Tallahassee engineers I'd go for poor word choice over humor.

We have had our share of backward letters spray painted on the roads . . .

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Terrible said...

Well I imagine the photo would be shaky if you were obeying the sign. ;)

Monday, December 7, 2009 at 3:00:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger FDChief said...

Fast food, speed dating, speed humping...our entire society is obsessed with the Need for Speed.

"...In thin array after a pleasant guise,
When her loose gown from her shoulders did fall,
And she me caught in her arms long and small;
Therewithall sweetly did me kiss
And softly said, “Dear heart, how like you this?”

Monday, December 7, 2009 at 9:47:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

FDC,

Yes, I'm quite bored by speed. A slow burn is far preferable, with an inspired mate.

Monday, December 7, 2009 at 11:06:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home