RANGER AGAINST WAR: Feeling a Bit Queer <

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feeling a Bit Queer

Think Your Husband is Gay?
Take our Free Gay Husband Quiz
& Discover if your Husband is Gay

_________________

I'm just slightly amused by the
"Take our Free Gay Husband Quiz" advert that keeps popping up on the site. Why does a Ranger site invite that sort of interest?

Add to that the kind chap who's been writing us trying to substantiate gayness among service members, and you can see why we're feeling a bit queer around here lately. Not that there's anything wrong with that.


I just had to check the test out to see if it could possibly be legit. No.


A metrosexual-plus fellow heads it, and the question regarding the type of compliment you are likely to receive from your man sealed it: choices like, "Those pumps look really nice with that skirt!"


What about the missing option F, "He does not give compliments"? Sadly, that is oft times what characterizes a "manly man"
in our society.

But not a real man.


I'm open to observations from our women readers (or men). Heck, we're not gender-biased around here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous sheerahkahn said...

I have no fashion sense, I leave that to my wife, but I do have color sense (artist, what can I say) and there are times when she is looking at a particular color, we'll call it...um...well, a highly agitated nuclear Lime Green, and I just give her a look that says, "You are not seriously considering that color, are you?"
But I do enjoy seeing, what most of my friends have come to call, "less than manly movies, and I'm being charitable with that description." Which has surprised my wife, however, I will not ever, in a life time, watch sex in the city. That show...makes my skin crawl with the archtypes, and I hate cliche characters which I have seen from the few passes to the kitchen to grab a drink while she's been watching it.
However, like any good husband who has self-preservation as one of his primary traits, I wisely keep my mouth shut.

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 10:59:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sheerah,

Ah, yes -- the radioactive limes and oranges. The fashion mags say it's o.k., and we women drop in line all too often.

I'm glad you can enjoy some "women's films," the best of which simply = sensitive. However, "Sex & the City" is not sensitive. IMO it is boorish and crude, making foolish stereotypes out of the women.

SATC is naught but a nighttime soap, but that seems to be the craze these days. I do not understand why women watch it. Gay men, for a laugh, sure, but not women.

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 11:40:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home